Wednesday 1 September 2010

Kusi Kawsay School Pisac, Peru

Sept 1 2010

I just spent the last month building doors for four classrooms.
The school is really starting to come together with the new kindergarten rapidly taking form.
Don Sebastian from the Q'ero nation held a dispacho ceremony a few weeks ago for the students and teachers.
Now I'm making plans to teach a four-week carpentry and woodcarving class to the secondary school students.

KUSI KAWSAY means happy life in Quechua and is a new independant school in the Andean market town of Pisac.  It offers an alternative education based on the traditional Andean cosmovision combined with Waldorf teaching methods.  My wife Lourdes teaches 6th grade as well as guiding new teachers based on her more than twenty years of experience in Rudolf Steiner education.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Australia. It is lovely to read of your school in Pisac. I have just visited Peru with my adult sons and we fell in love with the people, the Amazon, and Cuzco.
    I hope to bring my partner to Peru in November. He is a teacher and has work with a Steiner school here. If we were to come to Pisac would there be some volunteer work we could do there for a week or two? We would love to contribute.
    Jazmin

    ReplyDelete